The 2014 International Writing Across the Curriculum Conference organizers are pleased to announce registration scholarships to support graduate and professional Writing Across the Curriculum/Writing in the Disciplines (WAC/WID) scholars and practitioners—national and international—who plan to present their work at the 2014 IWAC conference in Minneapolis (June 12–14, 2014).
Interested applicants must complete a two-step process by 5:00 pm U.S. Central time on Monday, January 20, 2014:
1. Complete the application form at z.umn.edu/iwacscholarship1
2. Compose and submit a letter of application (approximately 3000 characters), addressed to the IWAC Scholarship Committee. The letter should be in PDF format and emailed as an attachment to email@example.com with the subject line “IWAC Scholarship Application.”
The letter of application should discuss how the applicant’s experiences in WAC/WID work, including consulting/facilitating, research, and/or administrative work, make the applicant a good candidate for an IWAC Registration Scholarship. Good candidates are people who, through their letters, demonstrate
• evidence of commitment to WAC/WID work
• how they would benefit from participating in this particular IWAC conference
• how this particular IWAC conference would be enriched by their participation
Scholarships will not be awarded on the basis of described financial need; we assume this condition is met by all scholarship applicants.
• Our intent is to encourage representatives from diverse disciplinary, geographical, and institutional contexts. The first consideration will be the quality of each application; ultimately, in the event of numerous highly competitive applications, reviewers will favor a diversity of disciplines and contexts to enrich the conference. Accordingly, reviewers welcome world Englishes in these letters.
Both steps of the two-part application process should be completed by 5:00 pm U.S. Central time on Monday, January 20, 2014.
All applicants will be notified via e-mail of their status no later than Friday, February 14; conference personnel will handle registration payment/billing logistics on behalf of all registration scholarship winners.
Please contact Katie Levin, Co-Chair of the IWAC Registration Scholarship Committee, with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org,1-612-624-7720.