Across the Disciplines (ATD) invites applications for the position of Associate Editor. The journal seeks an individual with a demonstrated interest in WAC, WID, interdisciplinary communication, and other topics relevant to the mission of ATD.
The Associated Editor works with the Editor to move reviewed, approved articles forward to publication. ATD publishes four issues per year. Typically, the journal publishes two open issues and two special issues, with a production schedule of late March, late June, Late September, and Late December. The Associate Editor would officially start on January 1, 2020. Please be aware that this is a volunteer, uncompensated position.
Key responsibilities of the Associate Editor include:
- Managing the files on the ATD website (https://wac.colostate.edu/atd).
- Managing reference checks, formatting, and light copyediting.
- Preparing page proofs for publication as PDFs.
- Communicating with authors regarding page proofs and missing information.
- Working with the Editor and Book Review Editor to promote Across the Disciplines, solicit potential contributions at major conferences, and address other matters that arise in the process of supporting the journal.
- Working with the WAC Clearinghouse (which publishes ATD and hosts its website) on issues associated with the journal’s website.
The ideal candidate for Associate Editor will possess:
- A working knowledge of HTML, CSS, CMS’s, and negotiating file transfers to secure servers. ATD (and the WAC Clearinghouse) currently uses the Mura CMS, but knowledge of the user interface of another CMS (Drupal, WordPress, Plone, etc.) would be readily transferred to work in Mura.
- The ability to work with styles in MS Word, with an image-editing program such as Photoshop or GiMP, and with figures and tables supplied by authors.
- An attention to detail in formatting for the ATD house style, a lightly modified version of APA.
- The ability to communicate with authors as articles move through to publication.
Applications for this position should include a letter of application describing qualifications and interest in the position as well as a current c.v. We will begin reviewing applications on July 15, 2019, and schedule phone interviews soon after that. Please send applications and inquiries to Michael Pemberton, the editor of ATD, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks, and please share widely!