Project Notebooks that Combine WTL and WID Activities
In addition, the project notebook can be used to collect specific writing-to-learn tasks that lead to a final senior project:
- Audience exercise - describe senior project to freshman in engineering, project advisor, liberal arts graduate.
- Audience exercise - describe target audience for project and explain how audience will affect the project report.
- Draft research question.
- Draft literature review.
- Draft work plan for remainder of semester.
- Draft intro for final draft.
- Set writing goals for semester.
- Set research goals for semester.
- Draft methods/results section.
- Paraphrasing exercise.
- Revise intro and lit review.
- Graphics exercise.
- Draft oral presentation.