Project Notebooks for WTL Activities
In a senior-level engineering design course, students make the following kinds of general write-to-learn entries:
- Process Analysis - As students collect information, build models, and test hypotheses, they record the process they go through in as much detail as possible.
- Problem-solving - When students encounter problems, they write about the problem, possible solutions, and attempted solutions.
- Descriptions - Students record key points from class sessions or conversations with advisors, peers, teachers. Any questions that come up can be recorded in these entries.
- Literature review - When students read printed material on their project topic, they summarize the material fully.
- Pre-conference - Before students meet with advisors or teachers, they organize the questions and issues they plan to discuss in the conference.
- Writing problems or questions