More detail on interpretive questions
Back to Combining WTL with WID
Students often need more focused questions to begin working on the right-hand side--the evaluative, reflective, or metacognitive side:
- Why are certain details more memorable?
- What connections can you make between X and Y?
- How did you arrive at this conclusion?
- Why is this conclusion significant?
- How does this assignment touch you personally?
- How does this assignment change your thinking on the idea?
- How could you write about your new insight?
- What other information might you need to pursue this topic?
- How does this reading/writing/discussion/group work build on our earlier discussion of the larger concept of X?