Sample Workshop Sheets
Final Workshop for Portfolio 2: Composition 2xx
Read the draft carefully and answer the following questions.
- What is the purpose of the draft?
- Who is the designated audience for the draft?
- How has the writer presented appropriate background information or accounted for bias on the part of the reader?
- What more could the writer do to get and keep the reader interested in the draft?
- Where might the writer add additional detail or flesh out an argument? Suggest specific additions that would help the writer meet the goal of the assignment.
- Take any one paragraph and revise it for clarity and conciseness. Suggest other paragraphs that could benefit from the same revisions.
- The strongest part of this draft now is
- The part of the draft that still needs work is
- If you have time, note significant proofreading problems on the draft.