Select Award Level:
- Award for Exemplary Emerging WAC Program (1-5 years)
- Award for Exemplary Established WAC Program (6-10 years)
- Award for Exemplary Enduring WAC Program (11+ years)
URL (if applicable):
Part 1. Nomination Information.
- Name of person submitting application
- Relationship to program
- Email address
- Program name
- Year founded
- Number of years programs has existed
- Institution name
- Where program is housed
- Institutional support (e.g., course release for director(s), budget, etc.)
Note: We acknowledge that folks who engage in WAC work can be in several different types of lines/positions. Applicants are encouraged to list who best fits the leadership team and the leadership positions they occupy.
- Program director(s)
- Associate director(s)
- Assistant director(s)
- Other (e.g., advisory committee, etc.)
Part 2. Introduce your WAC Program.
Describe your WAC program infrastructure:
- Address structures, features, and support.
- Discuss the thinking and decision-making that led to these structures.
- For established and enduring program applications, describe how the program's infrastructure has evolved over time.
Note: This should be no longer than two pages. Please format as follows: Times New Roman, 11 pt. font, single-spaced, one-inch margins.
Part 3. Examine WAC Principles & Practices that make your program exemplary.
Select three areas to focus on:
- Area 1: Instruction and Pedagogy
- Area 2: Student Engagement
- Area 3: Culture/Community
- Area 4: Program Development and Growth
- Area 5: Assessment
For each area, your examination should include the following three components:
- Support/data (qualitative/quantitative)
Note: You may provide up to two pages per area. Please see the Application Appendix for examples to show how programs might address the various WAC Principles & Practices. No supplemental materials or extra attachments should be included.