WRITING ENHANCED COURSE PILOT PROGRAMó
PROFESSOR SURVEY II (End of Semester)
(Please answer all questions with reference to the WEC course you taught this semester.)
1. How many papers were required in this course?
2. Did you require students to do more writing in this course than in similar courses?
3. Did you change assignments to specify writing criteria or expectations for student
4. Did you use any informal writing activities to help students learn course material?
5. Did you use a model of a previous student's paper for any assignments?
6. Did you use student peer feedback in pairs or groups on writing assignments?
7. Did you make written comments about student writing on a set of papers?
8. Did you require students to revise a paper after peer feedback or after you made comments on a set of papers?
9. Did you use any e-mail response to writing assignments?
10. Did you use any rubrics or checklists to evaluate student writing?
11. How did any of the above techniques affect student writing?
12. Did you use any multi-media technology for writing or communication projects?
Please offer comments or suggestions for future writing intensive courses.
Note: This appendix is from to the article "Architects of Change: Writing Enhanced Course Program Development and Core Reform," by Linda Anstendig, Eugene Richie, Shannon Young, Pauline Mosley and Bette Kirschstein, available at https://wac.colostate.edu/atd/articles/pace2004/.